Thursday, February 27, 2014


A long time ago I was looking through some old documents, letters, and photos at home when I came across my mom’s notebook from high school. I opened it and on one of the last pages there was a message from her class teacher, saying the following: There are two tough decisions in life every person has to make – what career to take on and what person to marry. I might agree with her and say that those are probably the most crucial decisions that determine to a great extent a person’s life. If, of course, you already decided 1) to be a millionaire without working and 2) not to get married.

However, here, I would like to add one more hard decision that I am certain a lot of seniors, and not only, have to make: what to do after graduation. Go to do masters, do an internship, get a job, travel around the world…many options, one road. Oh, my! This is not even a dilemma or a crossroads! So, you, young and green and fresh minds, have to make a wise (or not) choice. I just want to tell you that no matter what other people do, you are different and unique. You don’t need to go study because that’s how it is supposed to be, and you don’t need to find a $2000-pay job because that is what most people strive for. Whatever you do, make sure it comes from your heart!

OK, enough with the serious talk. That was not the point of this post, although it might seem the opposite. I just wanted to share with you that we actually face a lot of dilemmas every single day, starting from the morning whether to go to class or not, going through lunch whether to get out of the bed or stay a lit bit longer, to the evening whether to go out because there is an awesome party, but you have a 9 am class. Well, I am not telling you, but my advice is that every party is unique by itself and will never repeat, but you will have to wake up at 8 am every day from the day you get a job, so….I think you got me ;)


Source: http://urlm.co/blog/2010/03/01/the-make-or-buy-dilemma-for-designers/

1 comment:

  1. I got you, that definately will be my motto from now on!

    ReplyDelete