Wednesday, February 5, 2014

We are SURVIVORS!

You must admit that you have heard at least once the phrase Students’ years are the best in one’s life. And you must admit that this is so right! School is over and there is no class teacher to count your absences and call home because they have exceeded a certain allowed number. There are no parents to check on you and scold you for getting home late. There are still money issues, though. The fact that you have grown up, leads to the inference that you will have greater needs which require an increase in your daily budget. This conclusion, combined with the sad truth that you are still financially dependent on your parents can bring only a :( on our face.

BUT! When you go to university, you decide what to spend your money on, how, with whom. You decide when to go out, get drunk, get home, sleep, eat, and yes, I must say, go to classes. You have the freedom to choose how to spend not just your money, but also your day and night. You are a grown-up, and, supposedly, mature enough to make conscious decisions. Or maybe you are that kind of person who thinks that now is the time to live for the moment, to live on the edge, not to miss a chance to be crazy, adventurous, and happy. No matter how you feel and what you do, surely those four years are the best. THEY HAVE BEEN THE BEST FOR ME!

If you ask me how it feels to be a senior, I would answer that I am glad and proud of myself that I have survived this far. I came, saw, did, and survived AUBG. I am a SURVIVOR! Here, I am not just talking about the hardest, earliest, and impossible to pass classes, or the toughest professors! I have survived the drinking, the cold, the sleeping on a sofa with two more people, the lack of money when we had to eat home-made lyutenica, or the opening of a can of corn with a knife.

I have survived all of that and much more. You will not believe even how much more. Now I am here, excitedly anticipating to graduate. But I think I encountered a problem, a tiny one, and I catch myself contemplating on it more and more often. I want all those past years back because I have so many more things to do, so many not to, and so many more lessons to learn. My friends, well, I think I will keep the old ones.

Personal archive: We have to warm each other somehow (September, 2010)

Personal archive: This is the only friend that is always up for a party.

Personal archive: Additional heating measures in the cold winter nights.

Personal archive: Yes, she is Math and ECO major.

Personal archive: Her abilities are not limited with solving Math problems.




1 comment:

  1. Steliyana Kasabova I agree with you, those are the best years. However, I believe that if you continue your relationship with those amazing friends ;P, you'll have many worth-living-for moments in the future!

    ReplyDelete