Sunday, April 13, 2014

AUBG One Last Time: The Birthday

It is interesting when you expect the unexpected and when you don’t know that what you expect is actually what you did not expect at all. It is exciting when you know people well enough to be able to guess what they intent to do. It is thrilling when your friends hijack you at your birthday and you are blindfolded for God knows how long. It is moving when you hear them singing:

Source: http://en.paperblog.com/happy-birthday-courtney-ford-572126/

I opened my eyes in the darkness and saw little lamps illuminating the lake and 10 pairs of sparkling eyes, clapping hands, and smiling faces. I saw joy and I felt happiness. I saw people and I felt love.

They were there in the cold night FOR ME. They were there to say happy birthday in their unusual and amazing way. They were there to see the smile on my face and the tears in my eyes.

Yes, my friends surprised me for my birthday by taking me out to Bachinovo Park with a lovely, colorful, and delicious cake, with small red heart-shaped candles, and with beer. I would anticipate anything, but yet, they exceeded my expectations. They do it every year and still it is as surprising and wonderful as the first one. And this is not going to be the last time they do it, but it is going to be the last time they do it at AUBG. So, people, I am making a point here: with the right people, your college life can turn into an amusement park.

I am a person who values relationships, but more importantly who values people. Thank you, AUBG, for introducing these admirable and adorable people in my life. THANK YOU, people, for always being there for me.

Source: Personal archive

Source: Personal archive

Source: Personal archive



3 comments:

  1. It seems you had a blast! I really like the article and the photos! Seems you have the coolest friends :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you AUBG, for introducing Steli to me!!!!

    ReplyDelete